There are two quotes of his, that sum up his approach to a life that has profoundly changed the world we live in and how we experience it.
Firstly his exhortation to his staff and engineers to build not just good but “insanely great” products.
“We’re here to put a dent in the universe“
Secondly his famous line to John Sculley who at the time was the CEO of Pepsi to try and lure him to head up Apple.
“Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?“
He lived each day as if it was his last and in so doing has made Apple one of the most valuable companies in the world after it almost went into bankruptcy in 1997.
Even in death he made a dent in the social networks.
New Twitter Traffic Record
According to social media monitoring firm SR7 the online reaction on Twitter to Steve Jobs passing reached 10,000 tweets per second!
The previous records were
- Beyonce’s performance at a MTV Video Music Awards where she announced she was pregnant, reached 8,868 TPS (tweets per second)
- Japan beating the USA in the women’s soccer World Cup that produced 7,196 TPS
- Osama Bin Laden’s death recorded 5,000 tweets per second
There is one other quote from Steve that I have passed onto my children.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
What is your legacy? How can you make your dent in the universe?
- How to Get Targeted Twitter Followers
- The Marketing Secret About Twitter that Most People Don’t Know
- How To Write A Mind Blowing Headline For Twitter So People Will Read Your Blog
- 30 Terrific Twitter Facts and Figures
- Do Shared Links Last Longer on Twitter or Facebook
- How to Increase Your Blog Traffic by 55% with One Button
- Is it Better to Share on Google, Facebook or Twitter?
- 9 Questions to Ask your Customers When Creating Content
Image by Lightsurgery