The photo that you see on the right of the sea side town of Camogli is the evidence.
This didn’t require waiting to get back to the hotel room and using my laptop connected to a socket in the wall.
It was as simple as taking a photo using the app, hit the filter feature you want and select which social network to share it on and your photo is visible to the world and the web.
All it needed was a mobile visual app called Instagram.
The explosion of intuitive and easy to use apps is taking usability to new levels and is also a revealing glimpse of what the web may look more like in 5 years.
The Visual, Mobile and Social Web
Five years ago the web was highly text based and tied to desks and offices. Since the launch of the iPhone the emergence of apps and even more mobile devices such as tablets, the mobile revolution is having a major impact on how we use and interact with technology.
The last 2 years have seen some of the most explosive growth of software, ideas and billion dollar businesses in history with socialized apps and mobile devices leading the way.
- Today on Facebook 300 million photos will be uploaded
- Monthly mobile users on Facebook totals 488 million
- Instagram is heading towards the 100 million users milestone in just 2 years
The social and increasingly mobile web is transforming how we share our our experiences.
Here is an infographic that shows how we are using Instagram and it also reveals how it has grown since its birth just 2 years ago
Courtesy of: Online Colleges
How About You
How is the mobile revolution changing how and where you use the web? Is it creating changes in your behavior?
Are you taking more photos? Are you sharing more on Facebook and Twitter?
What has been your best Instagram moment?
Look forward to hearing your stories and experiences.
- 48 Significant Social Media Facts, Figures and Statistics Plus 7 Infographics
- 20 Stunning Social Media Statistics Plus Infographic
- 30 Terrific Twitter Facts and Figures
- 50 Awesome YouTube Facts and Figures
- 50 Amazing Facts and Figures About Google
Image by Jeff Bullas: Camogli in Italy (March 2012)