15 Social Media Marketing Frustrations And Challenges: What Are Yours?
As social media marketing is relatively new there is still a lot of learning and trial and error by companies, agencies, marketing professionals and consultants as they come to grips with how to best use the major platforms like Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. There is also other platforms that can used such as Wikis and Forums and a recent survey by Forrester Research revealed the top 15 channels that were used by companies for B2B social media marketing.
This also brings up another challenge and that is that B2C marketing with social media requires different tactics and platforms than B2B social media marketing.
Social Media can be used for
- Customer service
- Public relations
- Behind the scenes look at orgaisations
Organizations need to define their goals for social media in order to be successful. Goals may vary among platforms. For example, Facebook may be used for customer service and broadcasting updates while Twitter may be used for promotions. YouTube could give the behind the scenes look at the organization. The success factor may depend upon the goals: a certain number of new customers as a result of a promotion may be one goal; another may be responding to all customer complaints within a specified window of time in a customer service situation.
So it is apparent that there is still a lot of learning ocurring with its associated successes and failures as social media marketing continues to evolve.
So “What’s the biggest challenge or frustration you are having with social media marketing “Right Now ?”
Here are 15 that I have recently heard.
- Turning followers into customers
- How to make money using social media marketing
- Getting followers or friends on Twitter or Facebook
- Getting subscribers to your blog
- Getting traffic to your website, blog or Facebook page
- Creating good quality online videos
- How to create the best type of Facebook page or set up a blog
- Choosing the right social media channels to use
- How best to use and optimize the social media platforms such as LinkedIn and YouTube
- How to use social media marketing to get great PR for my company
- Creating postive noise and Buzz about your brand on social media
- Managing your time and productivity
- Creating content
- Finding high quality social media marketing training and resources
- Coming up with creative ideas for your social media marketing campaigns
This is only a list to get you thinking.
So what is the biggest challenge or frustration you are having with social media marketing right now?
Look forward to reading your comments below.