Are you forgetting to market your website and online store to billions of people on a platform that is growing faster than the web itself? The mobile internet is a trend that cannot be ignored.
Try this AI-powered business tool:
- Airgram is an AI-tool that records, transcribes, summarizes, and shares meeting conversations. It transcribes speech into searchable text and creates sharable video clips.
The Apple iPad is the fastest selling technology product in history and it is projected by 2015 that over 10 billion mobile devices that are web enabled will be in the hands and pockets of people around the world according to Morgan Stanley Research.
The drivers of this growth are the spread of 3G networks (which allow you to surf the web and download data) and intuitive smart phones like the Apple iPhone.
Global 3G network penetration is expected to hit 21% this year globally and have reached penetration levels of 46% in the USA. In Western Europe the penetration is 54% and the worlds leading market is Japan with a penetration coverage of 96%. Japan is where the U.S. and the world looks to find its mobile roadmap for the future.
Finally, mobile e-commerce is ramping up faster than online e-commerce, now making up 4% of total retail sales. In certain categories, such as computers, consumer electronics, music, movies, tickets, video games and books, online sales account for between 45% and 20% of the total retail market. Japan’s Rakuten shows how the mobile share of e-commerce is growing as well, from 10% of e-commerce in 2006 to nearly 20% now!
At our digital agency Infinity we have just designed and developed an iPhone app for one of our customers that will enable them to take advantage of having their online store on their customers mobile so they can buy easily anywhere, anytime . They are the first of what will be many Magento iPhone apps that will place two of his online stores Toys Paradise and Games Paradise on people’s iPhones
Here are the apps ready to download if you want to check them out on your iPhone or iPad.
So here are 5 way to get your app out there and people buying your products from their Apple iPhone
- Tweet about it – Let your customers know that you just released an app and where they can download it
- Post a link on social networking sites such as Facebook or Myspace
- Talk about it – “Have an iPhone? Download my iPhone App!”
- Email it out to your customers and embed the link in your email ready for them to just to click and download.
- Have the download link on your website and Blog (make sure your blog is mobile optimized for viewing)
Mobile according to Morgan Stanley will be a “Share Gain Accelerator“. So are you ready to increase your market share or are you sitting back and waiting for your competitor to go to market first?
So what are some other ways to market your company’s iPhone app?