Generating quality sales leads is a difficult task – and it only seems to be getting more and more difficult as time goes on.
However, as difficult as generating sales leads might be, what’s even more challenging is converting those leads into actual customers.
And relying on your website and your marketing strategies alone is not enough; if you want to keep growing your brand and generate more sales for your business, then you’ll also need to be proactive.
But how can you be more proactive with your sales leads? How do you convert more leads into actual customers by taking the reigns and improving your lead generation and conversion strategies?
Sitting back and waiting for your website and content to do its job will only get you so far; if you want to generate more quality leads (and convert them), you need to leverage new technology to help you. As new tools and data evolve, so too must businesses take advantage – those who don’t will most likely be left behind.
In this article, discover how to be more proactive with your sales leads and convert more of them into sales and customers.
The Ultimate Guide to Website Traffic for Business
Find out who is visiting your website
Your regular website analytics can provide a lot of useful data about your visitors and leads – but these analytics are quite limited.
You can see what people are doing on your website, what paths they take, what forms they complete – but you can’t do it at an individual level. Rather, you’re only getting the big picture and there’s only so much that you can do with that data.
However, by leveraging advanced analytics software, you can actually find out who is visiting your website and exactly what they’re doing – what pages they visit, how much time they spend reading a certain piece of content, what forms they submit and so much more.
This then allows you to be more proactive with your sales leads and reach out to them directly with personalized messaging, based on the actions they take on your website. What’s more, you’ll be able to identify the highest quality leads so that you’ll know exactly who to focus on.
To do this, you can use a tool like CANDDi. Once you’ve added the code to your website, the software will start to automatically identify the individual visitors coming to your website, as well as the companies they work for (which is amazing news for B2B businesses!)
What’s more, you’ll actually be able to see exactly what they’ve been doing on your website:
- The pages they visit and the time they spend on each one
- The forms they submit
- The product or services pages they check out
- What they download from your website
CANDDi will then also score your leads, based on the metrics you want it to focus on so that you’ll know how to prioritize your leads and who to reach out to first.
Implement gamification tactics
Gamification is a popular marketing strategy that can help boost engagement considerably – especially compared to static content. But that’s not all – with the right gamification strategies in place, you can also improve your lead generation and sales.
The reason why gamification works so well is that it gets people to interact and it unlocks their competitive nature – making them more willing to interact with your content, leave their contact details and ultimately, buy from you.
These strategies can work for both B2C and B2B. Here are some of the most effective gamification strategies that you can use to boost your sales:
- Use gamification to motivate your salespeople. One of the most effective ways to motivate your salespeople and get them to make more sales is through gamification – use leaderboards, friendly competitions amongst your salespeople, and offer rewards for amazing results. You can implement a sales gamification strategy for your company easily, using a tool like Hoopla. You’ll be able to set up contests between your employees (friendly contests, of course!), use leaderboards to track your sales team’s progress and easily showcase any achievements in real-time:
- Create a Spin the Wheel game. This is a great way to promote your brand, gather leads, and boost sales. Basically, users will have to spin a (digital) wheel to win all kinds of prizes – and, to help boost your lead generation, you can ask for their contact details before they participate. In order to generate high-quality leads and make sales at the same time, offer prizes that would only be valuable to your target audience – preferably, focus on vouchers and discounts that can go towards buying your products and services. These types of promotions are super easy to set up – you just need a tool like Beeliked to help you create your game:
- Offer badges to your website visitors for certain actions. This helps engage your website visitors and convince them to take more actions; you get to decide what actions you want to reward and give users badges once they complete certain actions. Use a tool like BadgeOS to implement this strategy on your WordPress website.
Use data to understand user behavior
Why do your website visitors act the way they act? What paths do they usually take that lead to conversions?
As I mentioned earlier, regular website analytics are quite limited; this is another area where they lack detail. Google Analytics can provide you with a general idea of what your conversion funnel looks like, but it can’t really tell you what specific actions lead to conversions.
And if you know what actions, what traffic, and other factors generally lead to conversions, then you’ll have the data you need to be able to keep improving your conversion rates and sales.
To do this, you can leverage data science and behavioural analytics using a software tool like Mixpanel.
One of the really cool things it can do is visualize how your users are exploring your website and help you understand what actions lead to your goals.
All you have to do is pick the goal that you’re interested in (such as viewing your pricing page) and you’ll then be able to see exactly what path your visitors are taking that leads them to that goal. And you can do this with pretty much any action, including upgrading their accounts (perfect for software tools), buying your product, or simply viewing a certain video.
Plus, by using data science, it can tell you what user behaviors correlate with your goals (making a purchase, upselling and so on), as well as help you uncover the top referrers based on the conversion rates they generate so that you can focus on the right strategies and make more conversions.
Don’t sit back and wait for leads and customers to come to you. Be proactive with your lead generation and sales and you’ll be able to massively improve your results.
Most importantly, it’s essential to learn how to leverage technology to the fullest, no matter the size of your business. Technology is more accessible than ever and ultimately, only those who know how to leverage it will make it in the long run.
Use the tips and tools I’ve talked about in this article to help you generate more quality leads and make more sales now.
Guest author: Lilach Bullock is highly regarded on the world speaker circuit, Lilach has graced Forbes and Number 10 Downing Street. She’s a hugely connected and highly influential entrepreneur. Listed in Forbes as one of the top 20 women social media power influencers and was crowned the Social Influencer of Europe by Oracle. She is listed as the number one Influencer in the UK by Career Experts and is a recipient of a Global Women Champions Award for her outstanding contribution and leadership in business. Check out her site Lilach Bullock or connect with her on LinkedIn.