If you’re looking for ways to increase your website sales without spending any additional money on advertising, you’ve come to the right place.
Try this AI-powered business tool:
- Airgram is an AI-tool that records, transcribes, summarizes, and shares meeting conversations. It transcribes speech into searchable text and creates sharable video clips.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss five strategies that you can use to achieve this goal. Implementing even one or two of these tactics can have a significant impact on your bottom line. So, let’s get started!
1. Optimize your website for conversions
By optimizing your user experience for conversions, you can increase your website sales without spending any additional money on advertising.
Big brands update their websites all the time, and they do a lot of testing to see what works the best. You can use tools like Archive.org to see how much optimizing successful websites have done in years.
This is Amazon.com in 1999:
This is Amazon in 2022:
See? They have optimized their website layout and text over the years to maximize their sales. The best way to optimize your website is to make social trust your priority.
It is an absolute must that your potential customers trust your brand. You can increase your social trust in many ways, here are some of them:
Add customer testimonials. Customer testimonials are one of the best ways to increase trust and credibility with your potential customers. By adding customer testimonials to your website, you will be sure to increase your website sales.
A/B test your website copy. Your website’s copy is one of the most important elements of your website. It’s what tells your potential customers what you’re all about and what you have to offer. Make sure that your website copy is clear, concise, and persuasive. You can use tools like Google Analytics to A/B test your website copy and see what works best.
Add an about us and contact us page. An about us page is a great way to build trust with your potential customers. By adding an about us page, you can tell your website visitors who you are, what your company is all about, and why they should trust you. By adding a contact us page, you can give your website visitors a way to get in touch with you if they have any questions or concerns.
Make your shipping times clear. If you are selling physical products on your website, it is important to make your shipping times clear. Customers want to know when they can expect to receive their products.
Also make sure that your website speed is fast, which has a direct correlation to your conversion rate.
2. Use high-quality images for your website
A picture is worth a thousand words, and this definitely applies when it comes to website images. By adding high-quality images, you will make your website attractive and thus, more trustworthy.
In addition, good visuals can help explain your products or services in a way that text alone cannot. As a result, potential customers are more likely to make a purchase from your site.
There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting photos for your website:
- First, make sure that the images are high resolution and clear. Blurry or pixelated photos will make your site look unprofessional and can deter potential customers.
- Second, avoid using generic stock photos whenever possible. Instead, try to use images that are specific to your brand and product. This will help your website stand out from the competition.
Here are a few examples of bad and good product images:
By using clear and compelling images, you can increase the likelihood that people will stay on your site and make a purchase. High-quality images help to create a more professional and trustworthy feeling for your business.
3. Create SEO content that ranks on Google
One of the best ways to increase your website sales without spending on advertising is to create SEO content that ranks on Google. To rank on Google, you need to understand how SEO works and what factors affect your rankings.
You can use keyword research to find keywords that are relevant to your product and then create content around those keywords.
Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to research the best keywords for your website. If you want to rank on page one and you are just starting out, you have to start with long-tail keywords.
It is hard to rank for a keyword like “best couches” but you have a higher chance to rank for a keyword like “best low-cost modern couches”.
Once you have found the right keywords, you need to create high-quality content that is optimized for those keywords. Your content should be well-researched and provide value to your readers.
If you can create SEO content that ranks on Google, you will get more website visitors which will lead to more sales. Having SEO-written content will also help your website to make sales with affiliate marketing if that’s one of your income streams.
4. Take customer service seriously
Your website’s customer service is the face of your company for many website visitors. That’s why it’s important to offer top-tier customer service on your website.
Provide a level of service that users will remember and appreciate. Go the extra mile to ensure that their needs are met.
Here are a few key things that you can do to provide better customer service on your website:
- Respond to customer inquiries quickly and thoroughly
- Offer live chat support
- Have a robust FAQ section
- Offer a money-back guarantee
- Provide free shipping
By offering excellent customer service on your website, you will be sure to please your website visitors and increase your website sales.
5. Add complementary products and upsells
A great way to increase your website sales is to add complementary products and upsells. By offering products that complement your main product, you can increase the average order value of each order.
For example: If you sell garden tools, a complementary product could be garden gloves.
Where should I place complementary products and upsells?
- You can add a “Frequently bought together” block to your product page, where customers can add the complementary product to the cart. Creating a bundle of products on a product page is also a great idea.
- You can create a popup on the add-to-cart page of the complementary product. Customers are more likely to buy the complementary product if you give them a discount on it.
- The page after a completed purchase (Thank you Page) is a great place to sell more products. You can offer the same product for a discounted price, for example with the text: “Get one more for 30% Off”. Or you can sell complementing products, for example, if you sell flashlights, you can upsell batteries for them.
Try different combinations of complementary products, upsells, and positions and see what works for your brand. Experiment and find what works for you!
All of these five steps are proven ways to increase your website sales with no additional advertising cost. If you follow all these steps, you can double your sales without spending a penny on advertising.
Guest author: Elmeri Palokangas is the founder of elmerpal.com, where he teaches on topics like advertising, eCommerce, and making money online. With a rich experience in the eCommerce space, Elmeri wants to share his knowledge bombs with other entrepreneurs, to help them maximize their sales.