Getting a holistic view of your customer journey is complex…
From touchpoints on multiple channels right through to a product purchase or form submission, there are hundreds of moving parts and numerous fail points.
The problem is, most businesses simply don’t understand the whole picture.
But it’s not your fault…
As I said, sales and marketing in a digital world is multi-lever, multi-layer, and head-throbbingly complex!
Sure, you’re making sales, but are you missing opportunities? How confident are you of your current tools and systems when it comes to scaling up?
I recently had the opportunity to try out sales and marketing automation software, EngageBay.
Today, I’d like to share with you my experience in this EngageBay review.
I’ve tried dozens of email marketing platforms and CRMs in my time and EngageBay has really caught my attention.
It’s simple to navigate, has a full suite of tools from touchpoint to sale, and is extremely cost-effective compared to other software on the market.
Let’s dive in…
The Ultimate Guide to Website Traffic for Business
EngageBay is an all-in-one marketing, sales, and service automation solution with free CRM.
When I say “all-in-one” I truly mean it.
You can use EngageBay to attract and engage your target audience and then turn them into happy long-term customers.
The EngageBay software is broken up into three logical areas: Marketing, Sales, and Service.
The cool thing? You can opt to pay for the full suite or just buy the pieces you need.
Let’s take a closer look at each of them.
The EngageBay marketing platform has an extremely powerful set of tools. If you’re used to working with numerous tools and creating a patchwork quilt version of your customer journey, this will totally blow your mind.
With Marketing Bay you’ll get an end-to-end view of your customer journey, allowing you to capture and analyze deep insights about your audience.
Here are the main features of the marketing component of EngageBay’s software:
- Social Media Marketing – You can manage and schedule all of your social media content from the EngageBay platform. There is also a cool feature that allows you to create a “Stream” and keep up to date with certain types of content on each social platform:
- Conversion – It’s super-easy to create landing pages and forms (in-line and popups) to capture leads with EngageBay’s intuitive builder and range of templates. You’ll be able to change the design of the forms or pages to suit your brand and optimize them based on real-time data.
- Email – You can send engaging emails to your database with beautifully designed templates or fully-customized styles. But design isn’t everything, you’ll also want to segment your list, create automated email sequences, and track your efforts with reports and data analysis – all things that can be done from the EngageBay dashboard.
- Multi-Channel Marketing – One of the key differentiating factors of EngageBay compared to its CRM competitors is the multi-channel marketing aspect. You can create and automate site messages, SMS, and push notifications all in a few clicks.
- Automation – Marketing automation doesn’t have to stop with email and SMS. With this platform, you can automate other routine manual tasks, such as data syncing, tagging contacts, or updating lead scores.
The EngageBay marketing platform really is built to save you time, consolidate your data, and improve your results.
You can get started with Marketing Bay for FREE up to 1,000 contacts, then it starts at USD$7.79 per month.
CRM & Sales Bay
The sales component of EngageBay’s software helps you track deals in your sales pipeline and build better relationships with your customers.
My favorite features in CRM & Sales Bay are:
- Contact Management – EngageBay gives you a 360-degree view of your customer by tracking all interactions, storing them in one place, and helping you prioritize leads with a smart scoring system. Your sales team won’t need to waste time with cold leads anymore!
- Visual Deal Pipeline – From new prospects all the way through to closed (or lost) deals, you can visualize the health of your sales pipeline from the EngageBay dashboard. It’s simple and intuitive to use, too!
- Appointment Scheduling – There is no need to have another 3rd party calendar tool in your arsenal, either, because EngageBay has one built-in. Your individual sales reps can have their own calendar or you can create team calendars for easy appointment scheduling. They also sync with Google Calendar and Office365.
- Task Management – It’s so easy to forget to follow up or send a prospect something you have promised them, so having task management in your CRM is super important. You can even automate the creation of tasks by setting up rules.
- Automated Data Entry – You’ll save a ton of time on data entry because all your emails, calls, notes, and lead progress are tracked automatically and stored for you to view whenever you need them.
- Email Tracking – You can see when your email is opened and track document activity for Gmail. It will even give you real-time notifications when a prospect is reading your email!
- Reporting – All the data you need to make decisions for your sales strategy is available in the reporting section of this CRM. Everything from sales forecasting, deal analysis, call breakdowns, and task assignments can be viewed and reported on.
- Team Engagement – This feature is certainly one of my favs. You can gamify the sales experience for your team with leaderboards and targets to get the most out of everyone.
You can get started with CRM & Sales Bay for FREE up to 1,000 contacts, then it starts at USD$7.79 per month.
Looking for help desk software? EngageBay’s 100% FREE customer service product could be just what you’re after.
It helps you track, prioritize, and solve customer support tickets from the same easy-to-use dashboard as all of your sales and marketing activity.
Here are some of the best features of Service Bay:
- Live Chat – As part of this customer service tool, you get access to Live Chat software that enables you and your team to engage with customers in real-time or proactively follow up with automated messages while they are on your website.
- Visibility – View open, closed, and new tickets and track the status of every support ticket in one place.
- Response Templates – Create a library of templated responses to commonly asked questions so your team can provide answers in seconds and your messaging is consistent.
- Service Quality Rules – You can set up escalation rules and monitor the completion of support tasks to ensure quality of service from your team.
- Support Groups – Segment customers and support agents into groups and direct tickets to the most appropriate support group every time.
Service Bay completes the EngageBay product suite and brings all of your sales, marketing, customer success data, and activity into one place. Not to mention, it is totally free forever!
The ultimate user experience
The thing I love most about EngageBay is its simplicity, outstanding onboarding, and ease of use.
The learning curve with most CRMs is lengthy. Sometimes you sign up, get confused, and then never go back again. It’s extremely common.
For me, I signed up with EngageBay and within 5 minutes had figured out exactly where everything was. This is an impressive feat considering how many extensive features this tool has.
The funny thing is, its onboarding is also up there with the best I’ve seen. They follow up after you sign up with a series of helpful emails and in-depth how-to videos for using the platform. I opened up the product demo on YouTube, but before I even got to watch it I had already figured out how to navigate the dashboard. What a pleasure!
I think what makes the platform so easy to navigate is the menu along the top of the dashboard.
On the top left, you can quickly jump between Marketing, Sales, and Service Bay. Then, to the right of this drop-down menu, you can access all the features of the section you are currently in.
This simple structure is extremely easy to follow, especially considering all of the menu sections are labeled with the same names as the messaging on their website. So, from discovering the website to signing up and finding the tools I needed was a seamless experience.
As well as being easy to navigate, the features of this tool are elegantly designed so that just about anyone could pick it up and start using it today. For example, the Task Management workflow and Sales Pipeline have a similar design, something a bit like Trello that many people are already familiar with.
Then, when it comes to creating forms, emails, or pages from the templates, the library of content is visual and intuitive to find what you need.
The icing on the cake? I found the transitions between sections of the app to be rapid in speed. You can jump between Sales, Service, and Marketing, or from contact to contact in a matter of seconds without losing time or loading a new page. Everything loads quickly and efficiently.
It really was a surprisingly fun and easy experience getting started with this platform.
Starting your EngageBay journey
Are you ready to get started with EngageBay?
As I said above, you’ll find this marketing and sales automation platform a pleasure to use. Seriously, within minutes you’ll be up and running and familiar with how it all works.
Plus, it’s crazy just how cheap it is compared to other tools in the market. Especially when you consider just how many other tools you need to combine and piece together in order to get the same functionality.
Just be aware that EngageBay is fairly new to the market – however, they’re a fast-growing startup with huge potential. They’ve certainly learned a lot from their competitors and made an outstanding tool.