I was involved recently with a telecommunications company that had been operating with no web site for nearly a year and its main form of marketing was cold calling …you know the type that call you in your office or home and offer you… that special latest mobile phone deal. So what was their target market.. every business that drew breath… and what value did they offer the cusomer except maybe a cheaper price… very little. So their marketing was made up of one strategy, cold calling. The marketing department consisted of staff calling for up to 6 hours per day and only booking one appointment in that time. People were literally hanging up on them. There is a better way! Our lives are so busy now and and with so much media noise and clutter that traditional marketing is becoming less and less efficient.
So how would a company stand out from the pack by using Internet Marketing such as a search engine optimised (SEO) web site, low cost blogs and inbound marketing instead of expensive traditonal marketing .
10 Tips To Stand Out From The Crowd In Your Industry
- Have a web site that helps your buyers and provides value with new interesting content that assists your buyers.. not just a static web site that doesn’t change.
- Offer content that shows how to do something with step by step instructions that adds value to your customers, or potential clients.
- Have a video on the web site showing something interesting about your industry, this can be even a Youtube video that you just provide the video link for.
- Target a Segment and really understand it by producing content on the web site that addresses their needs specifically.
- If you are passionate about your business, contribute to the conversations in the other blogs in your industry so you can start becoming known as a thought leader.
- Create a blog that keeps adding new content that helps place you further up the search engines rankings as search engines love new content.
- Create Links to sites that are also well known in your industry this will assist in your Search Engine Optimisation and get you up in the Google rankings.
- Join Twitter and start experimenting like putting links between twitter, your blog and web site.
- Join a social media site like Facebook and then join groups in your industry that are part of Facebook.
- Offer an E-book subscription that captures email from your online inquiries so you can start engaging with your clients and potential buyers .
Ths challenge with anything is just.. doing it… You can research forever but just start the journey. The one thing that a company can easily do is start a blog, and add a content to that blog and update it regularly. It is easy to do you, you can go to WordPress and set up a blog for free and be up and running within a very short time frame.