If you want to aggregate the social media accounts for any “breaking” news story across multiple social media channels on one platform and publish it on the internet within minutes, a new platform Storify.com that has just come out of ‘Beta’ in the last few days allows you to do that with a simple drag and drop feature set.
The new social media aggregation publishing platform allows you to
- Write a headline
- Enter a short description
- Add some extra text if needed
- Enter a search term such as “tornadoes 2011” as I did for this ‘news’ story
- Drag and drop Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr and Google search amongst other social media platforms straight into the story
- Hit ‘Publish’
- Multimedia story is ‘live on the web!
The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing for Business
Here is a video tutorial of just over 1 minute that demonstrates how easy it is to publish a social media crowd sourced multi-media news story in just a few minutes!
My ‘Storify’ News
Here is my Storify.com social media ‘News’ story on “How Social Media Reports The Deadly Tornadoes in The USA“. This includes several sources from 4 different social media channels (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Flickr) that have been dragged and dropped in a few seconds into the ‘story’ which are produced from a search feature within the application and presto you have a news story with rich multi-media.
How do you think you could use this latest and greatest social media publishing news platform?