Search engines like Google are like racing car mechanics, constantly under the hood tweaking their complex code engines to maintain their relevancy on a web that has moved from stiff, static and slow to dynamic, social and real time.
It is said that Google makes up to 500 changes every year to its search algorithms to ensure that it delivers fast smart search results that keep people typing “Google.com” into their web browsers and continue to pay for its paid search advertising.
Companies with websites that didn’t change in years are slowly realizing that they need to have an active presence on the web by creating and publishing content that attracts customers, begs to be shared and Google will find. These changes to an increasingly dynamic web is leading to the rise of digital agencies that can partner and guide customers through this maze of choices, change and confusion.
In this video interview I chat to Andy Jamieson about his company “Switched On Media” which has won several awards recently including ranking 9th in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 and 3rd in Smart Company Fast 50 for 2010.
He talks about the “Three P’s” behind their company’s success that he and his partner Scott Ennis started only 5 years ago.
The 3 Pillars of Digital Marketing
We look at how the rise of social media over the last few years is transforming how companies should market themselves and we discuss the 3 core pillars of digital marketing.
- Social Media
We investigate how that can be applied to marketing a business successfully where increasingly buying decisions start with an online search or from information that was shared by a friend or colleague .
Watch the video to find out the keys to a successful “Search and Social Digital Agency” as well as some insights into what you should be doing to get found online on a social web.
The Key Topics
- The importance of optimizing your website and blog for search engines (SEO) so that your business can be found online. What is the percentage of “Organic” (earned) search results versus “Paid” search results (Google Adwords) with getting those important clicks to your website or blog
- The synergy between search and social and why it is important to be investing in both
- The fastest growing market segment in digital
- The importance of Google’s ‘New’ social +1 button for search results and why it is integral for Google’s future
- The value proposition of PPC (Pay per Click) for marketing campaigns on Google and Yahoo
- The importance of ROI (Return of Investment) for social and PPC campaigns
- The tension between traditional and digital marketing
- The role of the digital agency in educating their customer in the value proposition of the marketing strategy
- The emerging importance and role of “content marketing’ in the marketing mix
- Why sharing and engaging with content should be valued
- Why content is important for search and social
- What are the 3 P’s behind the “secret sauce” of Switched On Media’s success
Is your company stiff, static and slow or is it dynamic, social and real?
50 Social Media Marketing Tips and Tactics
21 Power Tips to Get Your Blog Content Shared on Facebook and Twitter
12 Principles of Social Media Marketing
What is a Facebook “Like” Worth for Your Business
Google gets more Social and Copies Facebook’s “Like” Button
Google Becomes More Social and It’s Hurting Your Business
Image by Danard Vincente