10 Tips to to Double Your Facebook Likes
When social media started raising its head as a business marketing tool, there were just a handful of social networks. Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn were the main protagonists.
Today we have a plethora of social networks and visual networks such as Instagram, Pinterest and Vine to distract us amongst thousands.
With over 1.3 billion users Facebook is the largest social media network that you can’t ignore. This means that you need to keep learning how to use its rapidly evolving ecosystem. The changes to Facebook in just the last 5 years are significant. It has gone public, concentrated on mobile (it just bought the Mobile messaging platform Whatsapp for $19 billion) and is squeezing users to pay for attention. This means that to gain reach you need to seriously consider advertising. This wasn’t necessary a couple of years ago. You built a tribe of Facebook followers and kept the updates rolling.
So if you want to gain attention quickly on Facebook you now need to pay. One easy way to do that is to click on the “Boost Post” button. Boosting your posts on Facebook is so easy to use and can be done in a couple of clicks once you have registered your credit card details. This means you can use this feature to increase online visibility and also grow your Facebook fan base.
But paying for your Facebook marketing and “likes” isn’t a mandatory evil. You can still grow your Facebook community organically. It will take longer but it is free.
Tips to double your Facebook likes
So what are some simple tips to grow your Facebook community without paying?
- Invite your email subscribers to like your page. Now if they are friends or family then that will be very effective when you are just launching your page. But to make this really work, you will need to offer an incentive of some type such as access to free content such as an ebook or a video.
- Share your blog posts on Facebook. Articles that offer insightful and educational information will provide a reason for people to visit and like your page. Don’t underestimate the power of this type of content.
- Share compelling photos. This is the most shared type of media on Facebook and can go viral if you happen to have that awesome “cat” or “baby” photo.
- Comment on other pages where your target audience also hangs out.
- Share and tag your business page from your personal Facebook account.
- If you host any live events take photos and encourage fans to tag themselves. Maybe even offer a prize for the most creative photo.
- Offer fans discounts and specials. This is one of the biggest reasons people like a brand’s page
- Link your Facebook page to your Twitter account. You can also be set up so that it automatically tweets when you update.
- Host a contest. Make sure that one of the conditions of entry is that they have to like your page. Apps and platforms for helping you do this include. Shortstack, Rafflecopter and Agorapulse.
- Make it easy for people to “like” your page. One of the best ways to do this is to use a Facebook social plugin on your website or blog that is in a prominent location (top right on the homepage like I have on this page), so that people can like your Facebook page without leaving your site
Want some more ideas? Check out the infographic below.
Infographic source: Whoishostingthis.com
What About You?
How are you increasing your Facebook likes? What has been your most effective tactic? What do you think about Facebook squeezing you to pay for fans to see your updates?
Look forward to your insights and feedback in the comments below.
Want to learn how to make your blog a roaring success?
My book – “Blogging the Smart Way – How to Create and Market a Killer Blog with Social Media” – will show you how.
I show you how to create and build a blog that rocks and grow tribes, fans and followers on social networks such as Twitter and Facebook. It also includes dozens of tips to create contagious content that begs to be shared and tempts people to link to your website and blog.
I also reveal the tactics I used to grow my Twitter followers to over 223,000.
Want to start your blog today?
Want to start a WordPress blog in 5 minutes? The jeffbullas.com blog is hosted by Bluehost Web Hosting. For only $3.95 a month, Bluehost can help you set up and host your website/blog quickly and easily. Because JeffBullas.com is a Bluehost affiliate partner, my readers can visit this page to receive a 50% discount off the monthly price and a free domain name.