It’s been a big year for social media in 2009 with Twitter going mainstream, Facebook passing 300 million users, Twitter real time search being integrated into Google, Monthly online video views passing 25 billion a month, Pepsi forgoing it’s normal $20 million dollar SuperBowl traditional mainstream marketing spend and instead invest it on a social media marketing campaign.
I would also like to send a big thank you to all my readers in helping me reach a personal milestone, with my blog passing 100,000 views since starting in March, 2009 (only 9 months ago).
In putting this list together it is fascinating to see what my readers have found to be the most interesting and engaging topics in 2009.
Two areas stood out
- Surveys, reports and research on the social media made up 4 of the top 10 (40%). I think this show that people are hungry for facts and figures to validate and assist their efforts in the social media space and to see what the top companies andbrands are doing or not doing.
- The CEO’s role in social media or lack thereof, found traction in readership at 20%. This shows people identifying with each other in having experienced similiar experiences in trying to get the managers and leaders of brands to take on the new paradigm shift in marketing and trying to get their CEO’s to enter the 21st century, whether they be internal or external as consultants or agencies.
My Top 10 Social Media Blog Posts for 2009
- 9 Ways To Convince The CEO To Use Social Media and Enter The 21st Century (5,559 views)
- Report Reveals:15 Best Practices of Social Media Implemented by the Top 100 Brands (4,710 views)
- How Many Social Media Channels Should Your Brand Be Using? (3,514 views)
- 28 Reasons Why The CEO Is Afraid Of Social Media (3,372 views)
- 5 Case Studies on Companies That Win at Social Media and eCommerce (2,983 views)
- 13 Ways to Monitor Your Brand on Social Media: Do You Know What Is Being Said About Your Company Online? (2,723 views)
- Latest Study: How The Fortune 100 Are Using Twitter (2,714 views)
- 20 Reasons Why You Should Blog Before You Twitter (2,644 views)
- Marketing Trends Report 2009: Where does Social Media Stand? (2,442 views)
- Survey Reveals: The Top 5 Social Media Channels Companies Are Using (2,213 views)
So what do you think 2010 will bring in social media ?