I talk everyday to clients who want a new website and want to be found online, but the word Social Media doesn’t even enter the conversation and isn’t included in the initial brief. They do know what Social Media is, but they have all these reasons and excuses about why they shouldn’t be integrating it into their company website and include it in their marketing strategy.
Try these social media tools:
- UseViral can enhance your social media presence by increasing your followers, likes, reach, views, engagement and more.
- Smartly.io uses AI to enhance conversion rates for paid social ads through automated design and publishing workflows..
So here are 28 reasons some companies aren’t using Social Media.
- It is detrimental to employee productivity
- It could damage the company’s reputation
- Security risk
- Fear of the unknown
- We already have information overload
- Don’t know enough about it
- So much of what’s discussed online is shallow and we have real work to do
- We don’t have the time or resources to contribute and moderate
- Our customers don’t use it
- Traditional media is still bigger, we will use Social Media when it is more mainstream
- It doesn’t fit into current structures
- No guaranteed results
- The tools to measure and analyze Social Media aren’t mature enough yet
- We are in B2B and who wants to hear about our boring product on a blog or twitter
- We will lose control of our brand and image
- Upper management won’t provide support
- Waiting on ROI (return on investment) with facts and figures
- We are afraid of making a mistake
- Lack of experience
- Unwilling to be transparent
- No money
- No expertise
- Lack of leadership
- Terrified of feedback and truth
- The “newness” of it, going to wait.
- High degree of skepticism
So they are some of the reasons and excuses… so “How do you convince a CEO to enter the 21st century and implement internet marketing?”
Well its 1.51am Sunday morning in Sydney, Australia and the answer to that question has to be done at another time.. I will keep you posted!