Facebook as a marketing medium cannot be ignored despite the misgivings of senior management (who grew up in the analog world of Print, TV and Radio) to commit marketing dollars to something their daughter uses to post Saturday night party photos on!
Many CEO’s do not know the difference between a “Brand” Facebook “page” and a personal Facebook profile!
The penetration of the digital social web world into our lives is not a fad that is going away, it is here and it must be embraced.
Bricks and mortar retailers are bringing down the shutters while online shops are feasting on their carcasses and going global with the viral marketing power of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- 93% of Facebook users share shopping suggestions
- Brands are only responding to 50% of brand page posts
- 80% of users who received a response to their post made a purchase as a result of the interaction
- 47% of companies have generated leads from Facebook
- 41% of companies have closed deals from Facebook
- Average cost of obtaining a fan is $1.07
- Almost two-thirds of businesses surveyed use Facebook as their main marketing tool
- 87% of Facebook fans said they are satisfied with a particular brand. Only 49% of non-fans said they did
- The cost per click using Facebook advertising for e-commerce is 31 cents
1. Anatomy of a Killer Facebook Ad Campaign
Source: AES Connect
2. Social Media Makes the Sale
3. Digital Marketing Report
Source: Webmarketing 123
4. The Cost of Marketing on Facebook
5. The Importance of a Fan Base
- Social Media Marketing – 10 Inspiring Infographics
- 6 Fantastic Facebook Marketing Infographics
- 20 Stunning Social Media Statistics Plus Infographic
- 11 New Twitter Facts, Figures and Growth Statistics plus [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Past, Present and Future of Blogging: 3 Infographics
- How Do You Use LinkedIn [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How Do You Use Twitter [INFOGRAPHIC]
Image by _tar0_