Whispering in public as an adult is a practice that is frowned upon by grownups that young children can normally get away with.
Twitter, now that it has reached 5 years old, is not being as secretive as it has been in the past and is providing more facts, figures and statistics for public consumption.
At a recent press conference Dick Costolo the CEO of Twitter decided to reveal the latest numbers for Twitter.
The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing for Business
11 New Twitter Statistics
- Twitter now has 100 million active users every month
- 50 Million Users every day
- 200 million registered users
- The number of Twitter users logging in every month is up by 82% since the beginning of the year
- 55 million users log in to Twitter from their phone or tablet each month
- Twitter.com receives 400 million vistors a month
- Twitter.com visitor growth is up 60% this year
- 40% of Twitter users don’t tweet every month but watch others tweet
- Projected growth by the end of the year is an additional 26 million users
- Twitter hosts approximately one billion tweets every 5 days
- Twitter has set a new record for tweets per second of 8,900 (TPS)
Twitter 5th Birthday Infographic
This shows some of the past facts and figures including tweets per second milestones and events that triggered those avalanche of tweets over the last 5 years.
Infographic Source: Viral Media Solutions
- 20 Stunning Social Media Statistics Plus Infographic
- 50 Fascinating Facebook Facts and Figures
- 30 Terrific Twitter Facts and Figures
- 50 Awesome YouTube Facts and Figures
- 50 Amazing Facts and Figures About Google
Image by eldh