I went looking for the latest updates to Twitter’s ongoing global growth by trying to find the latest facts and figures.
The Google search engine results delivered no significant updates that I could discover since their last announcement at their Chirp conference on April 14. It appears that the periodic secrecy strategy by Twitter continues.
In the meantime the recent Nielsen APAC webinar that I was invited to recently did reveal some other insights about Twitter.
- Twitter Growth in Japan is over 1,900% (year on year)
- Japans Twitter reach surpasses the USA at 16% of the active internet audience compared to the USA at 10% in April, 2010
- 57% of Twitter uses in India have only started using the site in the last year
- 32% of India’s social media users use microblogging sites such as Twitter at least once a day
- Celebrity Twitter accounts are regularly written about in mainstream media in India
Twitter is obviously still growing and there is no buzz online that I can detect regarding Twitter fading or going away anytime soon. So what do people like to read about Twitter online?
According to readers that visit my blog, here are the Top 5 Posts on Twitter as ranked by readers views.
- How To Use Twitter For Business: 5 More Incredibly Interesting Case Studies (5,936 views)
- Twitter: 5 Business Case Studies (5,303 views)
- How To Manage, Measure And Monitor Twitter (3,766 views)
- Twitter Reveals 11 New Facts on its Traffic and Usage (3,732 views)
- 30 Predictions Of The Future For Twitter (3,631 views)
So how are you using Twitter and are you finding it effective in achieving your business and social networking goals?