One of the biggest challenges any company or CEO has is trying to decide on what to devote your time and resources on to achieve the best result. Some of the questions the CEO is going to ask are..”Do we spend more money on making the company more efficient? ..do we focus more budget on marketing to increase sales?.. do we invest in more technology to reduce costs? … and the list goes on.
The reality is that the CEO has to be behind any project for it to be provided the resources and commitment for it to ultimately succeed.
For your social media marketing to be successful the first and most important step is the support and backing by the CEO.
Last week I had the pleasure to catch up for a coffee with Greg Savage the CEO of ‘Firebrand Talent” (a global recruitment company with nearly 70 offices worldwide) who I had met through his marketing executive, Carolyn Hyams via the social media network. Greg is a CEO who ‘gets social media‘ and is using social media successfully, both personally and for his company.
Greg is on Twitter and has a blog titled ‘The Savage Truth‘ and these two social media channels are just part of his activities on social media and he uses them to enhance his personal brand and extend and optimize his influence both offline in the real world as well as digitally online.
In a future post I will be publishing an online video interview with Greg on how he and his company are using social media.
In the meantime here are some posts that look at the CEO and social media.
- 28 Reasons Why The CEO Is Afraid Of Social Media
- 9 Ways To Convince The CEO To Use Social Media and Enter The 21st Century
- How CEO’s and Executives Socialize Their Brands
- 40 Reasons Why The CEO Still Uses The Yellow Pages And Not Social Media
- 10 Simple Questions To Assess Your CEO’s Marketing IQ
- 12 Key Findings On Social Media’s Impact on Business and Decision Making By CEO’s and Managers
- New Harvard Study: 30 Key Findings on How The CEO Engages With Social Media
- 6 Questions To Ask The CEO When He Says Social Media Won’t Work For His Company
- 7 Ways To Get The CEO Crazy For Social Media Marketing
- 14 Ways A CEO Can Benefit From Social Media: A True Story
Does your CEO ‘get’ social media or he still in digital deficit?