Online video has become mainstream, it wasn’t a decade ago.
I remember drawing up a business plan and having meetings with the major distributors of video in the late 1990’s because I had this dream of being able to distribute video on the Web to people on demand. There was a problem, the internet was too slow and waiting for a video to download was measured in multiple hours and not minutes.
Fast forward seven years and YouTube launches in 2005 and is sold to Google a year later for $1.65 billion. Online video is now mainstream. Since then we have seen it become available in high definition and on mobile phones as we not only have the fixed line networks delivering high speed internet but 3G mobile networks are now providing broadband to mobile devices such as the iPhone and the iPad.
The Ultimate Guide to Video Marketing for Small Business
The Rise And Rise Of Online Video
So with the rise of online video on demand anywhere and everywhere, progressive and smart marketers are starting to use online video to sell and market in ways that were not even imagined.
- Zappos uses 50,000 two minute online video reviews of its products to improve conversion rates of its online stores shopping basket by up to 30%.
- Gary Vaynerchuk uses a video blog to grow his personal brand and increase his family company’s wine business from $4 million to $45 million in just 3 years. (read about it here in the article “9 Secrets Of A Successful Online Video Marketing Strategy“)
How You Can Use Online Video For Marketing
Online video can be used for marketing your brand in various ways including:
- Increase brand awareness
- Content creation
- Position the company as a thought leader
- Improves your SEO also known as “search engine optimization” (move you up the rankings of a Google search and maybe even get you on page one where 90% of all clicks to search results happen)
- Improve views to press releases by 500%
- Improve call to action responses for event registration, whitepaper download, webinar sign up and product service/trial
The challenge though is that making online videos that produce positive marketing results and look professional and don’t diminish your brand can be time consuming and the learning process can be lengthy. It is a whole new skill set that needs to be learnt and optimized.
There are companies though that take your hand and provide you with the tools and the expertise online that make it easy for the “lazy” marketer to self create online professional videos that significantly improve conversion rates for emails, websites and sales campaigns.
The Lazy Video Marketers Solution
One such company is Visible Gains that provides you with a software platform and resources that that make it easy for you to make your own online marketing videos. Here is a short 2 minute video interview with Visible Gains CEO, Cliff Pollan that outlines what they can provide for the video marketer.
So what does Visible Gains provide you?
- Video editing software that creates the professional videos in segments that can be interchanged for different target audiences
- Non linear navigation that reacts to user input
- Clickable elements on and around the video that allow the user to download supporting content and connect to company individuals
- Online Tutorials
- Analytics and Reporting that shows the video opt-in rate, engagement profile and conversion rates
So if you want to accelerate your online video marketing program it is maybe worth checking out Visible Gains and by the way they also provide a free trial.
I look forward to hearing about your online video success stories.
Here are some more resources:
- How Zappos Plans To Use 50,000 Online Videos
- How To Create And Promote Your YouTube Video In 8 Simple Steps
- How To Video Blog Your Way To Success
- What Is The Secret Of Success For YouTube Stars
- Who Are The Top 5 YouTube Stars?
- 32 Lessons For Online Video Social Media Marketing Success
- 9 Secrets Of A Successful Online Video Social Media Marketing Strategy
Image by blentley