Humans are extremely visual.
We experience life visually and the role of photos, images and videos in our life is evidenced by the sheer quantity (250 million a day) of photos of friends, family and cute dogs that are uploaded to Facebook every day .
I remember returning from the annual summer holidays and my father would invite all our friends over to view the photos and videos that he had taken on the yearly trip.
The visual record of the trip was a vital part of the the sharing of the stories and experiences that had occurred in our family travels.
Photos are highly engaging and the rise of Pinterest to become the 60th most visited site in the US last month provides more data to verify the attractiveness of beautiful images on this visual pinboard social media network site.
So Who is Using Pinterest?
Well according to the numbers it appears that women are the largest participants at 87%.
- Females 25-34 – 27%
- Females 35-44 – 29%
- Females 45-54 – 24%
So I would suggest to the males who read this blog that if they want to to hang out with smart, intelligent and attractive women then they need to look no further than Pinterest!
How Engaging is Pinterest?
It was in 2010 that Facebook passed Google for the first time in time spent on site.
What is more telling is to compare the amount of time that the average user spends per month on the other social networks as a comparison measure of the level of engagement.
- Facebook is the most engaging site on the planet at 405 minutes per month
- Pinterest and Tumblr are equal in second place at 89 minutes
- Twitter comes in third at 21 minutes
- LinkedIn – 17 minutes
- Google Plus – 3 minutes
All these numbers and demographics are great for marketers to know when it comes to demographic targeting and engagement levels.
Marketers Guide to Pinterest
- Why Business Should take an Interest in Pinterest
- 30 Resources, Tips and Tricks for Marketing Your Business on Pinterest
- Pinterest Drives more Traffic than LinkedIn and Google Plus
- 7 Ways to Use Pinterest to Promote your Business – Plus Infographic
- 6 Social Media Networks to Watch in 2012 – Plus Infographics
- Social Media Sharing Trends in 2011- Infographic
- 7 Top Trends in Social Media