One Thousand Facts and Figures about Social Media in 30 Countries – Presentation
If you are continually surprised by the facts and figures and the mind boggling statistics that are thrown up by global social media networks then you cannot go past this presentation.
Social media has taken the world by storm and is reinventing how we consume, view and share information.
We have gone from local to national to global in the blink of an eye!
News, whether good or bad is passed from network to network and has taken word of mouth to a new level as exponential sharing and subscribing moves mountains of data in milliseconds.
What is exciting though is that this social media revolution has only just begun! We have only seen the tip of the ice berg and it promises so much more.
So what fabulous facts and figures has Steven Van Belleghem unearthed!
Facts and Figures about Social Media
- Awareness of Facebook is close to 100%
- More than 1 billion people use social networks
- More than 400 million people use Facebook daily
- Twitter despite its 80% awareness is is only used by 16%…it still remains an enigma!
- 60% of people do not want any new social networks and yet Google+ gets launched!
- Greater than 50% of social network users are connected to “Brands”
- 36% posted content about a brand on social networks
- Consumers want to be in the boardroom. 44% are asking to take part in co-creation of products and advertising
- Consumers prefer e-mail over social networks to ask questions about brands
- 38% of Internet users have a smart phone. They are more intensive users of social networks than people without a smart phone
- On average, people install 25 apps on their smart phone, but only use 12. Most used apps are social network apps
- 12% of smartphone users are using location based services.
For 988 more facts and figures check out the presentation!
Diggin' this content? Sign up for updates... it's FREE!